Robodemo and Unicode - Internationalization issue

Subject: Robodemo and Unicode - Internationalization issue
From: Bernd Hutschenreuther <Bernd -dot- Hutschenreuther -at- net-linx -dot- de>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 11:22:54 +0200

Hi,

I have a question concerning internationalization of demo files in Robodemo. (I found the ad on the Techwr-L.)

We downloaded the demoversion of Robodemo and tried to insert non latin letters using the Windows NT character map, for example cyrillic from Times New Roman.

But there came only ????? instead of the text.
We suppose to need CBT files in different languages, and wanted to try Robodemo and other software. Is there any way to generate computer based training in other languages?

We are writing in English, but later the files must be translated, and the tools should allow to do it.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Best regards
Bernd

Bernd Hutschenreuther / Technical Writer
net-linx Europe GmbH Dresden / mailto:Bernd -dot- Hutschenreuther -at- net-linx -dot- de
Kaethe-Kollwitz-Ufer 76 / tel: (+49) 351-31875-732
01309 Dresden, Germany / fax: (+49) 351-31875-550
Home: +49-351-8483427 ;-) mailto:Bernd -dot- Hutschenreuther -at- sz-online -dot- de
Unless otherwise indicated, this e-mail and any attachments hereto contain information which is confidential and/or protected by intellectual property rights and are intended for the sole use of the recipient(s) named above under terms of confidentiality and non-use agreements. Any use of the information contained herein (including, but not limited to, total or partial reproduction, communication or distribution in any form) by persons other than the designated recipient(s) or for purposes not permitted by such agreements, is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender either by telephone or by e-mail and delete the material from any computer. Thank you for your cooperation.