Re: Average Hours Worked

Subject: Re: Average Hours Worked
From: joanne grey <j_grey -at- writeangles -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 09:16:01 -0700

Sean Brierley wrote:

> I am very concious right now (and for the past 6 months) of having to
> choose daily, and on weekends, between my employer and family, and am
> also acutely aware of the resulting stress; none of this helps my
> productivity.

I was going to stay out of this one, but I must say something. I am
*not* a mom. My choice. My family (except my husband) lives 3,000
miles away from me. But I do have a life, and I value my own time
just as much as those who spend their free time with their family.

I find that when you don't have kids, you are sort of expected to
have more free time available to work. Sometimes it feels like I'm
being penalized for choosing not to have a family.

Joanne Grey j_grey -at- writeangles -dot- com
Write Angles www.writeangles.com

Know the enemy and know yourself; in a hundred battles you will
never be in peril. When you are ignorant of the enemy but know
yourself, your chances of winning or losing are equal. If ignorant
both of your enemy and of yourself, you are certain in every battle
to be in peril. -Sun Tzu