RE: Certificate Authority Services

Subject: RE: Certificate Authority Services
From: "Hart, Rowena" <Hart -at- SelkirkFinancial -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 12:07:20 -0700

# Hi Peggy,
#
# A digital certificate can either be provided
# by a person's employer (if the employer hosts
# their own Certificate Authority) or they can
# purchase a digital certificate from a company
# that sells personal certificates.
#
# I did a quick search for "digital certificate
# provider" and got hits on VeriSign, GlobalSign,
# and Thawte. VeriSign is probably the most well-
# known digital certificate provider.
#
# I worked at a CA solution provider for a couple
# of years and still have a bunch of documentation
# on public key infrastructure and digital certs.
# You're welcome to contact me offline if you
# have more specific questions.
#
# Cheers,
#