Certificate Authority Services

Subject: Certificate Authority Services
From: "Pegasus Writer" <pegasuswriter -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 09:40:17 -0500

Dear Techwr-l Members:

I checked the archives, but didn't come up with anything. May have used the wrong search criteria. Can anyone point me to a Web site - perhaps more than one - that provides some sort of list of Certificate Authority Services? A Google search of Certificate Authority Services resulted in thousands of hits - a little hard to wade through to find what I need. Identified only one site (by Netscape) that contained a list and it only listed 5 or 6 CA Service companies.

For what it's worth, I need this information for a manual for a new product that requires the customer to purchase and install an X.509 Version 3 Digital Certificate. They can use any CA Service Company they choose, but I would like to tell there where/how to look for one. Appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

Peggy Lee