Re: Microsoft hiring 5000

Subject: Re: Microsoft hiring 5000
From: "Steve Arrants" <stephena -at- compbear -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 13:55:14 -0700

"Jeffrey Osier-Mixon" <jefro -at- mcn -dot- org> writes:
> Saw on the wire today that MSFT is hiring 5000 people to support a
> renewed R&D effort. Does anyone know the process for contracting with
> them, or can anyone speak from experience working for them? How about
> telecommuting policies? I'm a telecommuter in northern California.

The jobs are in R&D, not in User Experience/User Education. To contract
with Microsoft, you must go through one of the approved agencies that
Microsoft works with. More information is available on the employment
section of their website. (You DID check their website first, didn't you?)
Some writer/editor positions are there. As for telecommuting, local
telecommuters only. There are a couple of folks who telecommute from a
great distance, but they're sort of "legacy" hires.

steve arrants
http://www.compbear.com Certified Cruelty Free
"The dream was marvelous, but the terror was great.
We must treasure the dream, whatever the terror."
---Gilgamesh