Re: Of myth and reality

Subject: Re: Of myth and reality
From: SteveFJong -at- aol -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 07:54:01 EDT

The discussion is starting to sound like a marketing presentation 8^)

Previously, I'd asked how much "overlap" of information we're talking about
between different delivery media; the current bid is 90%. Wow! Is that in
bytes or in words? In my experience with printed/Windows Help delivery, it
was probably under 1% of the bytes (because there were no graphics shared)
and under 30% of the words (because the Help was almost entirely procedural,
with no concepts or system responses documented online).

Also, in the spirit of regarding all problems as either insoluble or trivial,
we're now assured that all problems are handled by a "system." I'm relieved
to hear that! I thought these were real problems 8^)

I guess before I sign the purchase order, I'd like to see some workflow
examples and sample code...

-- Steve

Steven Jong--"Typo? What tpyo?"
mailto:SteveFJong -at- AOL -dot- com -dot- nospam
Home sweet home page: http://hometown.aol.com/SteveFJong