RE: Words that should never be uttered or documented...

Subject: RE: Words that should never be uttered or documented...
From: "Jane Carnall" <jane -dot- carnall -at- digitalbridges -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 11:18:00 +0100

<I couldn't pass this topic; there's so many newly formed words in the
<business arena that can be sooooo irritating. Like "task" used as a verb.

Not a very new coinage, but I found when I was working for IBM that I didn't
particularly like being referred to as a "resource". I recall an early
meeting when the department manager told a product manager "You can have
primary use of this resource" and wondering why he didn't just say "Jane
works for you first: anyone else checks with you before they ask her to do
something for them". But then, it was IBM. (I don't really like "Human
Resources" either - I mean the phrase, not the Catberts themselves.)

Jane Carnall
"They are prisoners of their own dreams and illusions, as we were 30 years
ago. If the issue is between our and their illusions, we will never resolve
the conflict."
Unless stated otherwise, these opinions are mine, and mine alone. Apologies
for the long additional sig: it is added automatically and outwith my
control.

E-mail is an informal method of communication and may be subject to data corruption, interception and unauthorised amendment for which Digital Bridges Ltd will accept no liability. Therefore, it will normally be inappropriate to rely on information contained on e-mail without obtaining written confirmation.