Re: Author credit in help

Subject: Re: Author credit in help
From: "Owen" <owenf -at- mighty -dot- co -dot- za>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 23:39:46 +0100

>S Jelus asked:

>Giving author credit makes people feel good about their work.
>I've been asked to add this information to our html help as well. er.
>Does anyone have any ideas about that?

if it is part of an app, there is that wonderful little help>about thing
that i think MS started. you'll see it on every MS based help menu. why
not put it in there?
our helps start up with the 'about help' topic, with the release date, the
software version, tips for using help etc. there's no author credit, but
that would seem the logical place. just like you often see developers /
project members on the splash screen of software - you don't look at it, but
somehow you start remembering names...

...or if its web based, there should be developers / support links somewhere
on the site. bang it in there.