Re: W2 vs. 1099...

Subject: Re: W2 vs. 1099...
From: Charles E Vermette <cvermette -at- juno -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 16:53:27 -0400

<<<Maybe I'm missing a joke about "the difference between the ideal and
the real word," but I don't understand most of these contentions..>>>

We're using the word "Contractor" in two different contexts. The
following link to IRS Web Site explains the difference between an
independent contractor and an employee, and even uses an example of a
knowledge worker in the description:

http://www.irs.gov/businesses/display/0,,i1%3D2%26genericId%3D20061,00.ht
ml

Chuck

Charles E. Vermette
85 Washington Park Drive, Norwell MA 02061
781-659-1836
e-mail: cvermette -at- juno -dot- com
web: http://www.charlesvermette.com