Re: Author Credit

Subject: Re: Author Credit
From: "Dick Margulis " <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 10:39:57 -0400

Joy_Owen -at- Dell -dot- com wrote:

>I'm asking because an engineer on my team wants me to put his name down to
>credit him for docs that he's worked on. These are all internal IT
>documents.

I've often credited engineers as authors on major documents. It strokes their egos and encourages their cooperation on future projects.

Even on minor documents, where listing an author would be overly obtrusive, I'll use the document properties author field to credit the owner.

I've taken the credit only when the document was my project in its entirety.

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l