Pictures, words, info, glyphs, symbols, thoughts?

Subject: Pictures, words, info, glyphs, symbols, thoughts?
From: "Hart, Geoff" <Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 09:42:12 -0400

Eric Dunn pointed out: <<... some fairly complex IKEA furniture and Tamiya
models can be assembled from instructions that are purely graphical. But,
and I don't think I'll get an argument from anyone, some background or
experience with IKEA or Tamiya is required to assemble their most complex
items.>>

You ain't seen nothing yet. While in Scotland, I read a magazine article
claiming that Ikea is planning to sell simple "build it yourself" home kits.
"Some assembly required" indeed! I can only imagine the size of the flatpack
and the hex keys required for this monster. <g> Not to mention the task of
creating the 500-page purely graphical instructions... <stitch>

580 boul. St-Jean
Pointe-Claire, Que., H9R 3J9 Canada
"User's advocate" online monthly at
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a
personality, and an obnoxious one at that."--Kim Roper

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l