Re: Anyone had experience writing laboratory analytical procedures?

Subject: Re: Anyone had experience writing laboratory analytical procedures?
From: Kat Nagel <mlists -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 16:26:26 -0400

In <20020708021816 -dot- 44222 -dot- qmail -at- web14201 -dot- mail -dot- yahoo -dot- com>, on 07/07/02
at 07:18 PM, John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com> said:
>Because if the water is being bottled or will be bottled, and it is being
sold or imported in the US, they SAY they do. This is called a predacate
>rule.

At 8:12 PM -0400 7/8/02, letoured -at- together -dot- net replied:
Got it now. I didn't think of bottled water because of the way the post was
worded.

Exactly. Municipal water/wastewater treatment plants have a closed market. They don't generally sell anything retail (except logo infested clothing <sigh>).

Of course I also know a lot of municipal systems are trying to use
ISO9000/2000 for something -- that defies logic for me.

They don't always have a choice. They are considered vendors for their large commercial customers. If those companies are ISO registered, their vendors are under required to be compliant as well. There was a flap somewhere in the US* about a year ago, when a company that employed several thousand people announced that it was relocating because the minicipal water and power utilities weren't ISO-compliant. Facing the loss of thousands of jobs and a substantial chunk of the tax base, the county government caved and ate the cost of registration for the county water authority, and subsidized at least part of the costs for the power utility company.

--
Kat Nagel, MasterWork Consulting Services
"The nice thing about standards is that you have so many

* Sorry, I didn't save the article. It was reported in one of the financial news mags---Fortune, Barrons, or something similar.

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l