Informational Interview (was Further education...)

Subject: Informational Interview (was Further education...)
From: "Doc Writer" <doc_writer -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 22:41:09 +0000

That reminds me of an interview of mine in the late 80's. I was just out of college and a starry-eyed 20 something yr old. I basically thought that interviewed me would hire me and for a large salary (i.e., I wouldn't ever take less $25,000 - HA!).

I was very disheartened when I interviewed at a Radio station in Austin. The General Manager said that I wasn't what they were looking for in this position.

I don't know where this came from but I started to ask her what she thought about my resume, the content, style and my appearance. That is, I was asking for advice to help me in other interviews. She was taken aback with this, but she "let me have it". Subsequently, I was given really great advice, and she called me back a month later to offer me a job. By then, I had another job, but I was soo impressed that she remembered me.

Just a side note to the "informational interview" thread.

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l