locked file in Framemaker - more info

Subject: locked file in Framemaker - more info
From: "Gilda Spitz" <gspitz -at- longview -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 10:33:31 -0400

Thank you, David, Matthew, and Mike, for suggesting that I delete the lck file in Windows Explorer. Unfortunately, I should have mentioned that I had already done that, without success. I even rebooted, with no change in the result.

I also should have mentioned that the crash happened in combination with WebWorks Publisher 7.0, Professional Edition. I'm not sure why that would make a difference, but who knows? Just in case, I deleted the WWP project (I can always create it again), thinking that this might release the lock - no dice. I've successfully generated quite a few projects already with this combination, but this particular book file is the largest one, which I guess is why it crashed.

The files are on a network drive, and I know for sure that no one else is using it. If there are no other possible fixes, I guess I can ask IT to give me a backup copy of the file from a couple of days ago.

Gilda Spitz
Manager, Documentation Services
Longview Solutions Inc.

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l