RE: follow-up call after job interview?

Subject: RE: follow-up call after job interview?
From: "Bill Swallow" <wswallow -at- nycap -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 10:34:49 -0400

If they are doing extensive background checks, and especially if he's
not the only candidate for the job, don't expect contact within a week's
time. Give it time. If you don't hear anything after three weeks, then a
very polite phone call to inquire about eligibility might be in order.
Ultimately, if you don't think they'd mind the call (something you'd
feel out during the interview), then it's pretty safe to make the call.
Otherwise, give them the time they need.

There's only one company who never called me back after having me in for
an interview, and I later found out that it was due to major
disorganization on their part. They most-likely will call, with good
news or bad. They just need the time to do their background checks and
possibly interview other candidates before proceeding to round n+1.

B I L L S W A L L O W
Information Design & Development Professional
tel/fax: 518.371.1867 bill_swallow -at- yahoo -dot- com
List Owner: HATT, WWP-Users, InFrame
Co-Moderator: SingleSourcing-Mgmt
WebWorks Wizard Editor of InFrame Magazine

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l