Re: the other one...RE: why people don't read manuals

Subject: Re: the other one...RE: why people don't read manuals
From: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 04:49:29 -0700 (PDT)

--- "Sean O'Donoghue-Hayes (EAA)" <Sean.O'Donoghue-Hayes -at- ericsson -dot- com -dot- au>
wrote:
[SNIP]
> It is obvious from this article that the
> technical writers of America should band together, form a lobby group
> similar to the farming lobby, and lobby for govt protectionism and govt
> subsidies. Then you can keep your jobs and have your cake (salary) and eat
> it.

Given that Technical Writing is an international discipline and that TECHWR-L
is an international list--as several list members have been kind enough to
remind us lately--I think we shouldn't limit our new lobby group. There is
nothing that I'm aware of in American aid policies that would limit subsidies
to American citizens. In fact, many non-Americans, people who have never seen
the USA, feed at our money troughs.

Subsidies for Everyone, I say! Writers of the World, Unite! You have nothing to
lose but your Frames!

Respectfully Yours,

=====
Tom Murrell
mailto:tmurrell -at- columbus -dot- rr -dot- com
Personal Web Page - http://home.columbus.rr.com/murrell/index.html Last Updated 06/16/02
--Proud Vietnam Veteran. I am NOT a victim.--

http://sbc.yahoo.com

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l