Re: Setting up a Tech Comm Department

Subject: Re: Setting up a Tech Comm Department
From: Goober <techcommgoober -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 07:30:58 -0700 (PDT)

> Would like to know if any one has set up a full
> fledged Technical Documentation team from scratch,
> if
> yes kindly let me know the methodologies adopted on:
>

> 1. Recruiting the right people

Determine first what skills you need in people, then
find them (advertise, use placement firms, etc.), and
then interview them. Follow the advice posted here
over the past 3 weeks to conduct a productive
interview.

> 2. Infrastructure setup

Determine what you need, and then buy it. I don't know
how to advise otherwise. I could suggest all this cool
stuff, but you may have no need for most of it.

> 3. Budget planning

Make sure you have enough (and then some) to cover all
the above (and then some).

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l