Re: An Editor's Role...To Punish the Writer?

Subject: Re: An Editor's Role...To Punish the Writer?
From: "Brad Jensen" <brad -at- elstore -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 22:42:20 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kight, Cindy K." <Cindy -dot- Kight -at- Gilbarco -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Sent: Friday, June 28, 2002 5:22 PM

> Editing Tip
>
> Editing is a touchy subject, even in the best of circumstances.
>
> One way to minimize the conflict is to use reference books. Then you can
> say, "This would be more effective if the examples were easier to find.
Try
> a bulleted list. See DQTI, page 115."

I like to quote my Dad's comment that came out of years of
advertising copywriting, where the quality of the writing and
editing was measureable directly in sales lost and won.

" Well, any idiot can write the second draft!"

I still use this to remind my creative people (and
editors) that the creativity of writing the material
is just as important as the skills used in editing it.

Brad Jensen
www.eufrates.com
You can create elearning from your existing materials

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l