Re: Back to the Dark Ages.

Subject: Re: Back to the Dark Ages.
From: "John Fleming" <johntwrl -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 07:18:18 +0000

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002 04:27:10 -0400, while chained to a desk in the scriptorium, dlettvin -at- attbi -dot- com ("Doc") wrote:

$Cats are a hazard for those of us who work in home offices. Here's a helpful
$website.
$http://www.bitboost.com/pawsense/index.html

That reminds me of something I read when I was first setting up to work at home.

I was reading a book on contracting/ consulting from home, and the section in question was source of distractions.

I could accept some of the things on the list For example, neighbours and children. There is a funny thing in peope where they seem to think that because you are at home, somehow you aren't working.

But I had to draw a bit of a line at housepets. I could understand dogs being a distraction. They need attention. They need petting. They need to go for walks.

But cats? No way Jose. All cats do during the day is sleep, right? Wrong!! Mine insists on regular stroking. Mine insists on making herself at home on my desk when I'm at my computer. She sometimes feels I have nothing better to do than play fetch with her.

On balance, the *cat* has been a bigger distraction than anything else on the list.

--
John Fleming
Technical Writer and SAS Programmer

Please respond to the group. My address is set to reject e-mail from senders not in my address book.

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l