intrusive messages in Word XP

Subject: intrusive messages in Word XP
From: David Tillyer <DATCC -at- CUNYVM -dot- CUNY -dot- EDU>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 18:39:13 EDT

Perhaps this has been discussed here before; if so, my apologies.

Has anyone been able to bypass the very intrusive and disruptive
message that appears in Word XP when you try to insert a textbox
or autoshape in a document? (The message takes over the entire
screen and says something like INSERT YOUR TEXT ELEMENT HERE.)

I hate to sound like an old grump, but inserting these elements
has been so simple in the last few versions that I really resent
this "improvement".

David Tillyer
The City College of New York

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l