RE: real tech writers?

Subject: RE: real tech writers?
From: "Grant, Christopher" <CGrant -at- glhec -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 09:41:31 -0500

> ....what frustrates me is technical writers
> with degrees/certificates in TW/TC who are completely
> clueless.

I'm still relatively new to the field (less than 5yrs), and it's rather
disappointing to discover that in my _own_ experience, about half of the
technical writers I've worked with claim "experience" or "training" and yet
haven't a clue about how to be a _technical writer_ - instead, they actually
want to be an editor, or a typist. YMMV, of course. The other half has
been a pleasure to work with and I've learned a lot, though. :)

> I don't spend any time worrying about whether my
> profession is respected. A degree doesn't automatically get
> you respect, but knowing how to do your job and do it well does.

Exactly.

Chris Grant

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l