Re: STC backstabbing?

Subject: Re: STC backstabbing?
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 07:27:00 -0600

>...when I consider the backstabbing and exploitation that are the norm in
the STC ...

Huh?

I'm with Geoff. My experiences with the STC have been nothing but
positive. One of their publications is IMO too academic to be of much
value to a working tech writer, but I found that publication very handy
when I was studying to become a tech writer. And the other publication
they put out is decent, and has exposed me to some tools and methodologies
I otherwise would not have encountered. And the salary survey is terrific.

As for the people, the average STC meeting here in South Florida is more
like a coffee klatch than a backstabbing seminar. Nicest people I've met,
and eager to help one another out.

Interesting timing - I just got a certificate in the mail from the STC
yesterday, announcing that I'm now a "Senior Member." Wonder if this means
they're gonna teach me the secret handshake?

:)

-Keith Cronin

We've secretly switched the dilithium crystals with new Folger's
Crystals... let's watch what happens!

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l