All Tech Writers (was real tech writers? Out-of-Work Tech Writers

Subject: All Tech Writers (was real tech writers? Out-of-Work Tech Writers
From: "tom -dot- green -at- iwon -dot- com" <tom -dot- green -at- iwon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 17:12:53 -0400 (EDT)

Ed,

I don't think I caught the email that necessitated your reply but I do agree with what you said. I have seen the Tech Writing profession treated like nothing more than a need for a warm body to do the boring stuff and the powers that be do not care about their background or career goals. For example, where I work, they are training two clerks to be Technical Writers and I worked my tail off to get a College Degree to do this. They can't even agree on what to call us...we go by two or three names.

So, I do understand your reply Ed and I agree that there should be more importance attached to the Technical Writing profession. Afterall, it is a profession and not a skill or trade don't you agree? Unfortunately, the more the economy allows the profession to be flooded with out-of-work writers, the lower the pay and the lower the prestige.

I for one, am becoming very worried about the future of this profession.

Can a Web portal forever change your life?
Win up to $25 Million on iWon - click here!

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l