RE: Sharepoint, Anyone?

Subject: RE: Sharepoint, Anyone?
From: "Suzanne Chiles" <suzchiles -at- pobox -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 11:08:35 -0700

Hi Janet,

There are several resources on the SPS site that you might find useful.
Remember that Sharepoint uses the Microsoft Exchange Server and I believe
that there are either products or interfaces that allow migration from Lotus
Notes to Outlook/Exchange Server/SPS.

This URL has a list of possible resources:

http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/interop/notes.asp

Of all of these, "Migration and Coexistance of Lotus Notes Applications
Using Microsoft Application Services for Lotus Notes" looks the most
promising for your situation:

http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/interop/appservices.asp

Of course, it's quite likely that some of the workflow elements of Lotus
Notes might not directly correlate to Sharepoint, but there are plenty of
ways to set up workflows once you're in Sharepoint. And remember, it's quite
easy to write your own Sharepoint webparts to do that.

It also looks as if there are some third-party webparts that might be
useful:

http://www.microsoft.com/Sharepoint/downloads/webparts/erp.asp

Good luck and Happy Reading,

Suzanne