RE: Modify Word's Default Styles - do your changes stick?

Subject: RE: Modify Word's Default Styles - do your changes stick?
From: "Steve Hudson" <cruddy -at- optushome -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 21:56:12 +1000

I prefer to use a set of macros to set styles. I run these across my
templates as well, but let's face it, users mangle everywhere and Word
itself has hiccups, plus styles change and you need to enforce them plus
plus plus so I use macros.

Sure, start a document based on one of my templates and you get some styles
with definitions, but as the styles stay the same I can cuttenpaste twixt
docs of different purposing (and thus formatting) without ever having to
worry about style settings.

My blog > free products ... Stylist.dot has some rleevnat macro code that
may be worth checking out - its old and buggy but its a good start.

Some key notes.

Ensure the style def's aren't set to Auto Update. Ensure the template isn't
set to autoupdate (tools > templates and add ins..) There is some stuff
floating around in the whirling db, but you'd have to stich a few posts
together to make it all one answer even. <sniggers>

Your main problem lies in your lt's but they should be ok given the above.
To REALLY help though, use some bizzare template name whose only existance
isn't set to autoupdate frenzies. As Word Happens, one can never be too
safe.

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic, Sydney, Australia
Email: heretic -at- tdfa -dot- com Blog: blog.tdfa.com (*NEW*)
Live Advice: http://www.keen.com/The+Word+Heretic
You agree by writing to me personally that any material can be reused
publicly unless you explicitly disclaim it.