Re: Out of Work Tech Writers

Subject: Re: Out of Work Tech Writers
From: "Web Slinger" <webslingr -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 23:25:58 +0000

Suzanne and Whirlers:

Funny you should ask. :)

I just got laid off for the second time in a year.
The first time was in May 2001 when I was "redeployed" from
a perm job at a Fortune 500. In July 2001, I took a
"survival" contract job (occasional meaty stuff, but mostly not)
to make ends meet. I've just been notified that my services
are no longer needed. I'm the Portland, OR market and only
rarely see openings for Tech Writers, so I've also looked for
Training and MarComm positions. Lots of interviews, no offers. :(

I've been looking for a new position since the first big wave
of layoffs at the Fortune 500 hit in March 2001.

That's 15 months and counting ... it gets harder and harder to
maintain a positive outlook.

From: "Suzanne Chiles" <suzchiles -at- pobox -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Subject: Out of Work Tech Writers
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 14:16:33 -0700

So, I'm in my 4th month of unemployment and am having lots of feelings about it. Some days I feel like something good is right around the corner; other days I feel like I'll never find another tech writing job again.

How are the rest of the unemployed writers doing?

Suzanne

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l