RE: Back to the Dark Ages.

Subject: RE: Back to the Dark Ages.
From: "Nancy Kaminski" <nancy -dot- kaminski -at- spanlink -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 12:27:44 -0500

> From: John Fleming [mailto:johntwrl -at- hotmail -dot- com]

> Late one night, after working on a spreadsheet for about
> three hours, I
> leaned back and somehow managed to kick the plug out of the socket.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one to have done this...although in my
case, it was a 16-page newsletter in PageMaker. I finished the last
page, leaned back, stretched out my legs, and kicked the plug out of the
wall.

My mother tells me the scream she heard emanating from my basement
office was so loud she thought I had been electrocuted---until she
realized I wouldn't be using such language if I had actually been dying.
<g>

(Thank heaven PageMaker features mini-saves---I actually only lost two
pages---but at the time I thought I had lost about 5 hours of work.)

I'm a compulsive file saver now, and that plug is duct-taped into the
socket. (Another great use for duct tape!)

Nancy Kaminski
nancykam -at- attbi -dot- com

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l