documentation for browser services

Subject: documentation for browser services
From: Dharlene Valeda <DValeda -at- descartes -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 10:23:22 -0400

Hi!
I'm a new technical writer (professionally trained as a librarian). My
current assignment is working with the graphical user interface development
team.
We are working on a browser-based interface for our product.
I have written some basic help in RoboHelp, as well as short contextual
help bits for each window in the browser.
My question is, what other documentation should accompany this product? For
example, should we produce a user manual as well as the online help? The
management is pretty clueless about how far to go with this. Does anyone
have experience working with a similar product?
Thanks,
Dharlene

Dharlene Valeda
dvaleda -at- descartes -dot- com