RE: Another Grammar Question

Subject: RE: Another Grammar Question
From: dthomps -at- foundationsoft -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 16:54:52 -0400

You have a split infinitive in the first version of the sentence. The verb
is "are included" ("are" being a form of the infinitive verb "to be"). By
placing "only" between the words "are" and "included," you've split your
infinitive! While this is nit-picky and I often find myself doing it, it's
technically not correct. My vote would be for the second sentence as long as
the meaning is correct. I do find it easier to understand as well.

HTH!

Dannette Thompson
Technical Writer
Foundation Software, Inc.
The #1 Accounting Software for Labor-Intensive Contractors
800-246-0800