Re: Acrobat Query

Subject: Re: Acrobat Query
From: Jan Henning <henning -at- r-l -dot- de>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 18:56:45 +0200

>I've sent a PDF to someone who claims he can open the attachement from his
>inbox, but cannot open it once he has saved it. He gets an error saying the
>file does not exist. He sent it to someone else, and they had the same
>problem. I've sent the PDF to other people, and they can all open it.

If the recepient can open the PDF from his inbox, it should be OK, so
there seems little sense in examining the document. (This is supported by
the fact that no problems have been reported from other recepients.)

The soource of the problem appears to lie in system of the recepient -
either in his e-mail client or the supporting operating system. There
seems little that you can do to troubleshoot his system.

If he is unwilling or unable to fix his system, you may want to try
sending him the PDF compressed as Zip.

Regards
Jan Henning

PS: The fact that his acquaintance also cannot open the document does not
invlaidate the theory that the document itself is OK: The forwarded copy
has passed through the system of (as you so charmingly called him :-) the
problematic recepient.

Jan Henning
ROSEMANN & LAURIDSEN GMBH
Am Schlossberg 14, D-82547 Eurasburg, Germany

Phone: +49 700 0200 0700, Fax: +49 8179 9307-12
E-Mail: henning -at- r-l -dot- de, Web: www.r-l.de

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l