RE: Stuck with Grammar

Subject: RE: Stuck with Grammar
From: dthomps -at- foundationsoft -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 15:54:34 -0400

Hi,
In my opinion, the grammar of the sentence is better ... but you seem to
have changed the meaning.

>From the developer's sentence, I would have assumed that the value in the
field represents the maximum volume that possibly could be invoiced. From
your revision, I would have assumed that the entire volume in the field
would be invoiced. Subtle, but definitely different! Be sure not to
sacrifice meaning just for the sake of grammar!

Dannette Thompson
Technical Writer
Foundation Software, Inc.
The #1 Accounting Software for Labor-Intensive Contractors
800-246-0800