RE: THANKS!! Help! Suddenly I'm a new RPF/proposal writer

Subject: RE: THANKS!! Help! Suddenly I'm a new RPF/proposal writer
From: "Dick Schellens" <dick_schellens -at- gdt1 -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 09:28:24 -0400

Hi all,

Thanks to everyone who responded. Your comments are a huge help and also quite a comfort as I begin this new career.

I should clear up a couple of things: I will NOT be writing the RFPs (sorry for my lack of clarity). I will be RESPONDING to RFPs... presenting our company in the best possible light and explaining why we are the ones for the job. (Our company sells very accurate digital mapping data for North America... such as used for in-car navigation and on the web.)

I've been the technical writer for many years and then got pulled off to do more marketing graphics and dtp stuff (which I really enjoy). Now, however, that is drying up and they need me to respond to RFPs.

Thanks again for all the encouragement and references. (I not sure that the "buy a REALLY big coffee mug. Keep a clean shirt and a toothbrush in your desk. You've got some all-nighters in your future." is really encouragement, but it does sound like job security!! :-) )

Best wishes,

Dick Schellens
GDT
Lebanon, NH

the system manager.

This message has been scanned for viruses.

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l