RE: [stclwrsig-l] Re: Numbering Headings

Subject: RE: [stclwrsig-l] Re: Numbering Headings
From: "Shultz, Beverly" <c-bshultz -at- state -dot- pa -dot- us>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 13:07:26 -0400

Great distinction, BJ. I can't imagine working with internal documents, such as technical specifications, business design documents, etc., without numbered headings.
And in writing test scripts for complex software, numbered headings are extremely useful, if not necessary, because you have to write the test scritps so they can be traced to the specific requirements.
One of the applications that I wrote scripts for had technical specification documents that stacked over a foot high. The specs documents really needed to have numbered headings.

I don't see any reason for numbered heading in end-user documentation, though.

Bev