re: MA in English or engineering classes?

Subject: re: MA in English or engineering classes?
From: Goober <techcommgoober -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 15:51:32 -0700 (PDT)

> Both?
>
> Seriously though, go for the techie stuff. You'll be
> able to understand developer-speak better and garner
> some extra respect from them (I'm assuming anyways.
> Everytime I've known some technical issue, my SMEs
> have warmed up quicker). Besides, you already know
> how to write (or so says your BA in English). Your
> next step is to learn the tech stuff.

Next step to what?

I of all people know the value of technical knowledge
in our line of work, but really this shouldn't be a
decision between "for the job" and "for yourself"
education. You're talking the difference between a
higher degree which can open a lot of doors in a lot
of markets and a (excuse the term) minor degree that
shows competency in a specific tech field.

I still say make the decision you are going to be
happier with in the long term. With everything else
that's in flux these days, don't add your happiness to
the mix.

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l