Re: MA in English or engineering classes?

Subject: Re: MA in English or engineering classes?
From: Goober <techcommgoober -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 13:50:34 -0700 (PDT)

> Does anyone have an opinion or suggestion on which
> option (MA in English or
> Associates in engineering) would be more beneficial?
> Any input is appreciated!!

What do YOU want? Screw the job ads. What is it that
YOU want? To learn about engineering or to broaden and
enhance your English knowledge?

My opinion? I wouldn't do either. I personally would
either get my MBA or get a MS in programming or DBA.
That's just me. You are different than me. I can't
tell you what to do.

I will say that many job ads are looking for the
perfect candidate now because many companies know
there are a lot of people looking. It's an employer's
market right now, so to speak... Unlike the employee's
market we saw in the late 1990's.

The economy will continue to shift. Do yourself a
favor and do what YOU want to do. If the MA is
important to you, then go for it. If the AA in
engineering really thrills you, go for that instead.
Don't just learn what people are asking for now, as
needs and situations change. Hell, you may decide in a
few years that you no longer like tech writing and
want to teach college... the AA won't do you any good
then... Just a thought.

Your education should be what YOU want it to be. Don't
let a dollar decide it for you.

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l