RE: Are Indian Tech Writer Firms as good as American Firms?

Subject: RE: Are Indian Tech Writer Firms as good as American Firms?
From: "Margaret Secara" <margaret -dot- secara -at- alphather -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 11:31:52 -0700

Thing is, the question isn't asking about writers, is it, but about tech writing _firms_ in India and the U.S. Now what does that mean, exactly? Good for what? For the client? Or for the writers? In what market? Are you considering hiring an Indian writer over an American one, or signing up with an Indian tech writing agency vs an American one. Or something else?

When the question isn't clear, the answers will be whatever hobbyhorse the rest of us feel like riding today. So far I haven't seen the questioner provide any further comment.

Maggie Secara

>>> Goober <techcommgoober -at- yahoo -dot- com> Tuesday, June 04, 2002 >>>

America, India, Great Britain, the Moon, Naboo...

Location is irrelevant. Can the person communicate
clearly to the target audience? Is the person
knowledgeable of the industry? Is the person adept at
the technologies required to do the job? Does the
person know the product needing documentation? If all
answers are yes, then you've got yourself a good tech
writer. Being a native speaker of that language is
irrelevant. I know many who speak English as a second
language and yet have great command over the language
(better than I, the native speaker). All that matters
is that information is communicated clearly. If they
can do that, great!

Honestly, some of the discussions on this list drive
me nuts.

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l