Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question

Subject: Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question
From: Goober <techcommgoober -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 22:21:21 -0700 (PDT)

> In your opinion, should screenshots be used in
> online help?
>
> * Screenshots should always be in online help
> * Screenshots should sometimes be in online help
> * Screenshots should rarely be in online help
> * Screenshots should never be in online help
> * It depends on the application
> * Other/none of the above

None of these choices are valid in and of themselves.
It depends what the online Help is for, what type of
online Help it is, who the audience is, and whether or
not a screen shot (since when is it one word?) shows
anything more than what the user is looking at when
Help is called.

Many will argue they should be in, and many will argue
they shouldn't. The smartest of the bunch will try to
determine whether or not the screen shot adds value to
the topic and act accordingly, whether it means leave
the shot in, take it out, include only the relevant
part of it, or include the shot in a specific state.

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l