RE: question about contracting w/o agencies

Subject: RE: question about contracting w/o agencies
From: "Justin Ressler" <JRessler -at- ewa-denver -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 09:21:52 -0600

Health Insurance...

Gary Clark makes some wise comments that I will nod my head in agreement to.
I can only make a hasty generalization that "Anonymous" is healthy, and as
Gary pointed out, it seems that the more problems you have, the more your
premium will cost. Age is definitely on your side as well, while our car
insurance is much more expensive at a younger age, our Health insurance is
usually much cheaper. Hopefully, you will never have to use either.

My Health insurance is relatively cheap, less than 150 a month, for the best
coverage I could find. This includes very low "COB" and a very low
deductible. I even saved a couple of bucks by combining it with the same
company that carries my car insurance, but that was just a matter of
convenience. Of course, they actually subcontract through a major health
carrier.

My point is, that if you want to start a business, don't be swayed until you
actually know the costs. It can be lucrative if you have the right cards in
your hand.

and other stuff...

My other advice is to get a qualified CPA. My CPA is also a lawyer, which
has turned out to be a blessing as well when it comes to writing by-laws,
and keeping my company out of potentially dangerous situations if a contract
goes bust or the product documentation fails to meet a specific standard. I
haven't tested him, but it is nice to know I have him in my pocket. So find
a good CPA or lawyer to set you up, cause the pitfalls can be plentiful.

just my Friday morning input...without real thought or development.

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l