RE: Estimating Online Help Development

Subject: RE: Estimating Online Help Development
From: "David Knopf" <david -at- knopf -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 09:37:15 -0700

It's an interesting question, but I think there is *no* valid
methodology for estimating the time required to develop online Help as a
function of the total software development hours. I have never heard of
any Help development group anywhere that estimates projects in this way.

Regards,

David Knopf / Knopf Online / San Francisco, CA
mailto:david -at- knopf -dot- com / http://www.knopf.com

Consulting & Training on FrameMaker & WebWorks Publisher
Consulting & Training on RoboHelp
WebWorks Publisher Certified
Member, JavaHelp 2.0 Expert Group
Moderator, HATT & wwp-users