RE: Flushing out unused styles in Word 97

Subject: RE: Flushing out unused styles in Word 97
From: "Jonathan West" <jwest -at- mvps -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 16:31:28 +0100

> Is there any way, beyond the obvious, to flush out unwanted/ unused styles
> from a template created using Word 97. Any advice would be greatly
> appreciated.

You would need to write a VBA macro that goes through all the styles in the
template. For each one, you would need to check if it was on your approved
list. If not, then delete it. If the style is one of the built-in styles,
deleting will with throw an exception, which you will either have to handle
or ignore using on Error Resume Next. Built-in styles can't be deleted.

Once you have the macro, then you can run it also on individual documents as
well as your template. In the latter case, you would probably wanty to check
if it was in use before deleting it.

Regards
Jonathan West

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l