Adobe Acrobat not picking up arrows from Word

Subject: Adobe Acrobat not picking up arrows from Word
From: Robert Rinehart <rrinehart -at- smithdata -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 09:40:55 -0400

Hello all,

Thanks to everyone who contributed thoughts on distributing our manuals in
pdf format. All has gone well until now, when we discovered that the arrows
we use throughout thse manuals to designate file locations (EX: Go to
File--> Reports --> GL Reports) do not appear in the PDFs. We created these
arrows in word, where '-->' creates the arrow character. Is there any
solution to this that will not be time-consuming as hell? We have an IT
Manager itching for this stuff.
Thanks,

Robert Rinehart
Technical Writer