Re: Problem exporting transparent EPS with clipping path from Photoshop

Subject: Re: Problem exporting transparent EPS with clipping path from Photoshop
From: "Mary T. Shaw" <smartblonde57 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 12:14:06 -0700 (PDT)

--- Dick Margulis <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net> wrote:

> Hi gang, looking for a quick tip here.
>
> I have a graphic in Photoshop that consists of an
> opaque white square with a dark border, then some
> painted objects on top of the white square, but they
> overlap the edges of the square, sticking out into
> the transparent background.
>
> When I use the Export Transparent Image wizard, the
> extending objects get truncated, so I have only the
> box and whatever was within its limits.
>
> When I open the PSD in Illustrator and try to create
> the EPS there, the entire bounding box becomes
> opaque.
>
> So what I'm looking for is a way to generate a
> clipping path (in Illustrator, I assume) that gets
> rid of the background but preserves the extending
> images.
>
> This is for a PageMaker pub, so I can't use EPS
> transparency; I am restricted to using a clipping
> path.
>
> Any idea how to make this happen? I'm stumped.

I just consulted my boyfriend, who is a graphic
designer. He said it can be done, and that he has
done it himself in the past. He said he had found the
instructions for doing so by looking up "clipping
paths" in the Photoshop help.

Good luck!

=====
-- Mary
E-mail: smartblonde57 -at- yahoo -dot- com
Personal website: http://www.smartblonde57.com

*** Earn a dime every time you receive email!
Sign up FREE at: http://www.MintMail.com/?m=380547

LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
http://launch.yahoo.com

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l