RE: Problem with a large PDF

Subject: RE: Problem with a large PDF
From: "Dave Murray" <davemurray -at- attbi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 07:56:21 -0400

>I have a pdf several MB in size. I want to split this up, store the parts
>on floppies then rejoin the parts on another pc.

Here's a trick I've used occasionally.

1. Open the original PDF in Acrobat, remove some pages with the Extract
pages option (leave the Delete Pages after extracting box unchecked) and
save it to the floppy. Repeat until you have cut the entire PDF into
sections small enough to fit on a floppy.

2. On the other PC, open the first small PDF file and save it to the hard
disk. Then use the Insert Pages option to add the PDF files from the
floppies.

Most file compression programs (WinZip and the like) offer the option of
compressing a file on multiple floppies, but personally speaking I'd be more
comfortable trying the first method.

Hope this helps,

Dave Murray

Technical Documentation & Online Help Systems

mailto:davemurray -at- attbi -dot- com
http://home.attbi.com/~davemurray/tw.htm

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l