RE: How to fend off a tech writer

Subject: RE: How to fend off a tech writer
From: Richard Lippincott <richard -dot- lippincott -at- ae -dot- ge -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 07:02:41 -0400

Not sure why this came up again, but here's something light for a Friday:

Dave Carpenter:
> Common parlance for handwritten signs hung across cube doorways where
> I once worked: "Please go away."

A few years ago, the Dilbert website (standard disclaimer: I have no
financial interest or affiliation) was selling a door for cubicles. No
kidding. It was an inflatable door, roughly the size and shape of a pool
raft, and it resembled a door as you might imagine Scott Adams drawing
one.(When inflated, it even had little door handles.) It would attach to
the cubicle entrance using Velcro strips, and had a provision for some
pre-printed signs with messages like "Hard at Work" or "Out to Lunch" or "Go
Away."

It was reasonably cheap, and certainly made a great conversation piece in
the office. "Where is my cubicle? Turn left at the plant, take the third
right, then look for the cubicle with the door."

--Rick Lippincott
Saugus, MA

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l