RE: Versions in Word

Subject: RE: Versions in Word
From: "Jonathan West" <jwest -at- mvps -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 11:57:30 +0100

> Does anyone have any words of wisdom on using the Versions
> feature in Word?
> I assume it bulks up the size of a file. I have used it occassionally and
> found it useful, but I once had problems with a doc that seemed to arise
> from versions.
>
> Any comments?

Although I often have to deal with multiple versions of a document, I've
never had any use for the versions feature in Word. I simply save out to
another file. If there's a need to package multiple versions together in a
single file, IMO that's what ZIP files are for.

In the Word newsgroups there has been an occasional anecdote suggesting that
Versions may sometimes cause document corruption, but there have been too
few examples to know whether Versions is actually the culprit.

Regards
Jonathan West

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l