RE: CD Release of Documentation

Subject: RE: CD Release of Documentation
From: "Mike Hiatt" <mhiatt -at- vocaldata -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 13:57:19 -0500

As previous respondents have stated you can use either an HTML doc or a PDF as the starting point (or any other document or format that allows you to link to your PDF documents. I'm creating a file in Frame for PDF that has a small version of our document cover art with the doc title (on top or under I can't remember at the moment). In the Acrobat I will link the images in the PDF to the individual documents in my document library folder.

To get the starting doc to open when they insert the CD, you will need an autorun.inf and the shellexec.exe. The autorun.inf must be in the root directory on your CD, otherwise the CD player can't find it. The shellexec.exe and your starting doc can be in any folder you want as long as your autorun.inf tells CD player where on the CD to find them.

Mike Hiatt
Manager, Tech Pubs
VocalData, Inc.
Dallas, TX (yep, that one)