Re: Pinsky poem in the Atlantic "Jar of Pens"

Subject: Re: Pinsky poem in the Atlantic "Jar of Pens"
From: Vivian Yap <vyap -at- oct -dot- on -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 09:14:29 -0400

And I, on the other hand cannot do WITHOUT fountain pens. I just love
writing with fountain pens and have a whole bunch of them (don't ask how
many!). Fountain pens today do not clog nor do they blot. Even the lower end
pens (<$50) write very well and smoothly. I like fountain pens - a bottle of
ink will last a long time and you can change the ink colour on a whim. Plus
it's environmentally friendly.

I hand write all my outlines, notes, drawings before I "transfer" them to
the computer. I find that it helps me think better. A pen and a clean sheet
of paper, nothing beats that ...

Cheers.

Vivian

>Subject: Re: Pinsky poem in the Atlantic "Jar of Pens"
>From: "etymes -at- lts -dot- com" <etymes -at- lts -dot- com>
>Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 10:08:46 -0700

<snip>

>I don't miss fountain pens one bit. I always hated the fact that they'd
>clog or I'd do something that caused a blot. Right now, when I have to
>use a pen (like for paying company bills), I really prefer the thinline
>imitation-Cross pens because of the weighting in my hand.
>
>Elna Tymes
>Los Trancos Systems

Vivian Yap
Technical Writer, Information Systems