RE: New tool wars! WAS: Pinsky poem in the Atlantic "Jar of Pens"

Subject: RE: New tool wars! WAS: Pinsky poem in the Atlantic "Jar of Pens"
From: "Dan Hall" <dhall -at- san-carlos -dot- rms -dot- slb -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 09:01:43 -0500

Ben Kovitz's post reminded me of a technique that
I've been meaning to share for a while now:

To make a flowchart on paper (sometimes necessary
for group work) that can be changed around easily,
use post-it notes for the "boxes" and pencil
marks for the lines. Write your steps on the
post-it notes and when you need to add a step, or
rearrange the order of steps, just pull them up
and move them to a new location. It saves a lot of
erasing and rewriting.

Dan

It is the mark of an educated mind to rest satisfied
with the degree of precision which the nature of the
subject admits and not to seek exactness where only
an approximation is possible. - Aristotle