RE: how to evaluate help authoring software?

Subject: RE: how to evaluate help authoring software?
From: "David Knopf" <david -at- knopf -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 06:50:42 -0700

Stålberg Johanna wrote:

| I agree with Geoff Hart and I can also recommend the following link
(if
| you haven't seen it before): http://www.helpauthoring.com/

The problem with this web site is that it is not an unbiased source of
information about Help authoring. In fact, helpauthoring.com is owned
and operated by eHelp, the manufacturers of RoboHelp. (You can verify
this at
http://www.netsol.com/cgi-bin/whois/whois?STRING=helpauthoring.com&Searc
hType=do.)

If you are looking for unbiased sites with basic information about Help
authoring, I would recommend:

http://www.helpstuff.com
http://www.winwriters.com
http://www.workwrite.com/
http://mvps.org/htmlhelpcenter/ (specific to HTML Help)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?URL=/library/tools/htmlhel
p/chm/hh1start.htm (specific to HTML Help)
http://www.devx.com/codemag/articles/2002/March/UserAssistance/UserAssis
tance-1.asp
http://www.knopf.com/resources.html

Regards,

David Knopf / Knopf Online / San Francisco, CA / 415.550.8367
mailto:david -at- knopf -dot- com / http://www.knopf.com

WebWorks and RoboHelp Certified - RoboHelp MVP
Member, JavaHelp 2.0 Expert Group
Moderator, HATT & wwp-users

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l