Re: Job Hunting Stories

Subject: Re: Job Hunting Stories
From: "Karen E. Black" <kblack_text -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 10:59:04 -0400

One of the best I've heard of is the Nortel ex-employee who organized a reverse job fair. She invited recruiters to meet with the candidates, instead of the other way around.

18 months ago when I was hunting I posted my resume on monster.ca and workopolis.com. Within hours I had telephone calls from recruiters, in 3 weeks I had 5 good interviews and 3 job offers.

I also met a prospect at a building salvage store.

Scanners don't notice anything on your resume; make sure you list all the tools and applications you use along with your accomplishments and education. If the scanner picks out your resume, the human reader gets it next.

From: Kathy Frost <KFrost -at- Partnerware -dot- com>
Since I'm going to be out looking for a job starting next week (I'm being
laid off after 2 1/2 years) I was a little panicked to learn that for every
IT position posted in our area, employers are getting somewhere in the
neighborhood of 400-600 responses. This means to find a job, you're going
to have to change careers, do something extremely creative with your resume
to get it noticed, or find alternative ways to find a job.

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l